Tuesday 21 June 2011

Greetings From Jeff











Hauntingly gorgeous Jeff Buckley.





The stupendously good looking James Franco, actor and all around provocateur. Is he gay or straight or bisexual? That's the question everybody's asking. He just likes fucking with people in the best way. I don't care if he enjoys sleeping with cactuses. It shouldn't matter. He's had the same girlfriend for years and sexuality can be a transient thing.



Gossip Girl's Penn Badgley


I'm a huge fan of musician Jeff Buckley, I love the Grace album. Not only was Jeff Buckley very talented, but also gloriously beautiful looking, sensitive and complex in the way that artists tend to be. He seemed to have a voracious appetite for music and learning, studying everything from rock, r &b, jazz, reggae and blues. He actually really paid his dues as an artist before getting the success he achieved. Which must have been complicated having a father who was also a musician looming over him. It was an absolute tragedy when he died, even more so given that it was an accidental drowning. He hadn't been doing drugs or attempting to commit suicide. I think Grace was just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what he was potentially capable of.


Imagine my delight to discover that FINALLY, a film about his life is being made. Greetings From Tim Buckley will chart the rocker's journey grappling with the legacy of his late musician father. Gossip Girl's Penn Badgley has won the right to play Jeff. I can see the resemblance looks wise but I'm still surprised at the choice. He better do Jeff Buckley justice and this is a career defining role for him. No offence to Robert Pattinson but thank god he didn't get it. Apparently he really wanted it but he's synonymous with Twilight so it would have been a bad choice. What I want to know is was James Franco busy? Did he not know about this? He would have been a great choice, he looks uncanily like Jeff Buckley and has the talent to pull it off. My other choice would have been Taylor Kitsch, he did an amazing job as the brooding, multi dimensional and sensitive Tim Riggins in Friday Night Lights. He definitely has a Jeff Buckleyesque quality about him and I would have loved to see him cast as Jeff. Well, tis done now, good luck to Penn Badgley, I have no idea what he's like since I don't watch Gossip Girl. I'm looking forward to the movie coming out.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...