Saturday 24 December 2011

Book Munch:Perfume

Patrick Suskind's Perfume tells the story of killer Jean Baptiste-Grenouille in eighteenth century France. Jean grows up to discover his unusual gift, a remarkable sense of smell which aids him in creating sublime fragrances for the city. But the desire to capture the scent of young virgins drives him to kill repeatedly. In turns strange, hypnotic and evocative, Perfume is unforgettable, dark and twisted. It features a compelling protagonist extraordinarily drawn on the page.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, sounds interesting. On average, how many books do you read a year? And, how do you find the time to do so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good book. Oh God, I love books and own more books than clothes.During slow months, 4 books a month but when I'm on my A game I can read up to two a week. On a guess, around 60 a year. I grab time on train/bus journeys,in the evenings,on days off.I usually have 2 books in my rucksack.

    Just always carry one around with you,making that a habit is a good way of getting through more books.Also, short story collections are great! It's a form of writing that really lends itself to the current times. That way you're still reading and don't feel guilty when you're unable to read long novels.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...