Sunday 30 October 2011

Jessica Care Moore Says Hi

So I was browsing through the comments section of my blog as you do when I had a total wtf moment in the best way. Amazing US writer and performance poet Jessica Care Moore had stopped by Sober In The Cauldron to say thanks for the post I did about her. That is sweet and indicates what sort of woman she is. It totally made me smile because she's an incredible talent and role model. Jessica is an internationally renowned poet and playwright. She's performed and collaborated with Mos Def, Nas, Gil Scott Heron, Saul Williams, Talib Kweli, Ntozake Shange, Nikki Giovanni and The Last Poets amongst many others. She's been featured in Russell Simmons's Def Poetry show, Essence Magazine and Tv mini series I'll Make Me A World. She's the founder and CEO of Moore Black Press and Black Women Rock! A concert, panel and workshop series inspiring women who play rock and roll. If like me you love literature/spoken word to feed your soul and spirit, check out Jessica Care Moore. She's pretty kick ass.
www.myspace.com/jessicacaremoore
http://mooreblackpress.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...