Thursday 17 February 2011

Esperanza Esperanza!









Whoop whoop!Esperanza wins a grammy. Yes the delicious creature with the mythical name that promises magic,strange occurrences and grammy awards has pulled the well worn,predictable rug out from under the American music scene. I love it when things like this happen at awards ceremonies. She's walked away with the best new artist gong. I have to say I love love love Florence and The Machine and Mumford & Sons albums. I have both and they're brilliant but I'm pleased for Esperanza as she doesn't have the profile the others do. People keep asking who is she? For those that don't know, Esperanza Spalding is a very talented bassist, composer and jazz vocalist. She's got great style too, like the retro, bohemian look she's rocking here. World wide music community you don't know who she is? You do now. Go Esperanza!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...